Wednesday, January 8, 2014

MSP Excitement!

Astrid, I hope you were ready to publish your note.  Of course, you won't really know it is for another day at least!

That is because our first wave left for Tanzania today on the 3:10 flight.  Here is a photo of the group.  You will have to sort them out, but generally the order is left to right.
Cole, Sandy, Laura, Erin Shana, Kristi, Kelsey, Lynnette, Astrid, Treya, Angela, Kari and Randy.



I am not quite sure who was more excited, me or the departing group.  I know I felt a little twinge of jealousy having to wait another two weeks to go myself.

Randy and I commiserated on the holding of others' passports.  And true to form, there is always a little drama somewhere with a large group traveling.  In this case, no frozen pipes but some anxious family members to see their loved ones off to the exotic lands of Tanzania and one sick cat.  This is literally a cat, not a reference to the nature of the group members.  In that vein, they are all cool cats, no sick cats.  No, Randy's cat truly got sick before they left, so a fast trip to take the cat to the vet ensued, with Gramps left to retrieve said feline.  On a personal note, I see daily that our 15 year old cat is wasting.  She doesn't seem ill.  She still romps and races, but she is also content to purr in my lap for extended times.

In Tanzania, there are many dogs and cats, some surely being pets.  Unlike here, where we see many breeds, the dogs in Ilula all appear phenotypically similar.

The group is now over the Atlantic.  There is an 8 hour time difference (no Day Light Savings time to account for).  The group will pick up Chandra and Deepthi in Amsterdam and Jill and Julie had checked in separately.  I am relieved that all have gotten at least to the gate, to me the most difficult part.  The will overnight in Dar at Wista's, tomorrow night.

All: do not hesitate to leave a comment, especially questions for your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment